Thursday, April 25, 2019

Finally.

So my mom wasn't fibbing about the roadrunner sighting. She thinks there are three up around our place, and they're out and about most mornings now. I decided to watch from my preferred window.



And look! Here's one in our driveway, puffing out his feathers to warm up a bit. He looks pretty small in this photo, but really he's about 22" long from beak to tail and he's actually sleeker when his feathers and wings are back in place.



Also, roadrunners really don't beep, they clack with their beaks. Listen here. Can you imagine my mom trying to imitate this every time she sees one? At least this time she left us alone in silence!

17 comments:

  1. 22 inches! Now that's a bird! Kinda cute too ;)
    We liked listening to the sounds it makes too.
    Glad to hear your mum wasn't fibbing to you Elliott.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have these in Massachusetts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool, we don't get that bird here. Mum saw one way long time ago in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have Roadrunner TV! They don't really look like the cartoon version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a TREAT! I love seeing them ---and I was smiling thinking about the beep, knowing they didn't, but wondering what they did sound like and look what you have here for us~ a video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elliott, I'm betting that your mom also 'talks' to you kitties too...is she any good at it? Cool birdy; we don't have them around us up here in The Great White North (white for SNOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dood.....guess what we haz heer in trout towne...

    ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those roadrunners are pretty cool. They make some weird noises, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? You mean they really don't go "meep meep"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's bigger than with we thougt ! But we're a little bit disappointed that he doesn't do the "meep meep"... Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better watch out -- where you see a roadrunner, there's a coyote sure to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen a roadrunner before. Thanks for showing me and letting me know the "beep beep" is the stuff of cartoons! - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The roadrunner is bigger than I thought, and I also always thought they went beep beep!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee meowee.