Monday, February 04, 2019

Ivan's Super Bowl Ads Review.

My brothers and I believe the Saints were robbed, so we were off the Super Bowl. Not that much of a loss, since we don't actually watch football anyway. We always watch the ads online though. Well, some of them. Here's my take.

Paws Down: I was really looking forward to the Stella Artois ad because, you know, The Dude abides. Now, I don't drink beer, but that ad was a major disappointment. Somebody ought to pee on that.

Paws Up: GOT x Bud Light (Extended Version). Again, I don't drink beer and have never seen Game of Thrones, but neither of those things mattered. Made me want to buy a case and get satellite TV and binge on both. No, not really. I'd rather have nip, plus I'd have to fight with my mom for control of the TV and who needs that.

Double Paws Down: No cats in any ads—AGAIN! It's been 18 years.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent summary! I don't watch the SB either. Usually people tell me if there are commercials worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't like many of the ads either. Some were good with a good message. We didn't realize it's been eighteen years since a cat has been in a ad. Hopefully that will change soon. Thanks for the share.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy am I glad my mom couldn't watch and didn't;t get me subjected to it either! Good summary for us. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review. I didn't watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No cats at all. This is getting poorer by the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mum liked the M&M commerical, the rest, nothing amazed her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No cats in the ads - who needs these commercials anyhow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pawsome observations Ivan!
    We did not watch either.
    With no cat ads... we are glad we didn't watch!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't get the Super Bowl over here so can't see the ads anyway, but no cats for 18 years? That is all wrong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivan, I was upset that the halftime show had a guy in a huge fur coat! So stupid. To be honest, I only watched a wee bit of it, while The Hubby watched every second! He used to play football as a youth, and as an old guy, he lives with the results of the injuries sustained 'way back then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeez, I missed the SB (I guess I better clarify - the Super Bowl, lol) Nobody was home, so I just rested my weary eyes. No cats for 18 years..not fair, I say!! - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  12. dood....we due knot haz tee vee hooked up sew we couldna watch... pawz up ore down...BUT.....we DUE rememburr EDS' cat herding ☺☺♥♥

    best.......ad.........EVER !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No cats ! Maybe because they feel NOTHING can top "Herding Cats."

    ReplyDelete
  14. We agree, Ivan...there should be cats in every commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Da Saints wuz robbed. I bet they woulda scored more than 3 points, too.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee meowee.