Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Returns.

First of all, early early this morning I heard a familiar call. Then Mom heard it. We got all excited looked out the front door, and sure enough! One of my pet hawks was way way up in the tree where he and his family spent the summer. I couldn't tell which one it was because he was too far away, but it didn't matter. I just called, "Hi, hawk! It's me, William! I'm sorry about your house being gone and all. It was some stupid kids."

And he called back, "Hi, William! It's okay about the house, I guess. We might rebuild, but I'm not sure where yet."

Then, then! it finally rained some today. I can't even remember the last time stuff fell out of the sky. It sure made Mom happy. And me, too. Because I know it's only a matter of time before my pet snails come back, too!

6 comments:

  1. William, my furriend, if you wants some rain or snow (blech) you should come stay with me for a while. We gots more than our fair share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might want to read "Red Tails in Love". it's a book about hawks in Central Park in New York who make nests and have baby hawks. my Mom just finished readin' it and liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William congratulations on the return of your pets! I really enjoy reading your stories about them. Did you every finish your float?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birds! I talk with them all the time, too! I'm glad you have your buddy back...spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must mean spring in on the way in your neck of the woods, whatever that means. We have been getting a lot of rain this week. It is flooding in parts. Not our house thank goodness ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got the rain here now, thanks for sending it our way. It's been very dry. I almost forgot what rain sounded like.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee meowee.